1. Who of the following will be conferred with Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) first-ever life time achievement award in new future?
a) Pullela Gopichand
b) Ashwini Ponnappa
c) Prakash Padukone
d) Jwala Gutta
2. The Assam Government will soon start Gunotsav programme in which of the following sectors?
c) Women Safety
3. The Punjab National Bank recently inked an agreement with BSNL to roll out an open mobile wallet. What is the name of the wallet?
d) None of the above
4. Who of the following won the 2017 US Open Women’s Doubles title?
a) Lucie Hradecká and Kateřina Siniaková
b) Chan Yung-Jan and Martina Hingis
c) Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Šafářová
d) Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic
5. Nirmala Sitharaman recently flagged-off the Navika Sagar Parikrama from Panaji. In this regard, consider the following statements.
I. The Navika Sagar Parikrama is a project wherein a team of women officers of the Indian Navy will go around the globe on an Indian-built sail boat Indian Naval Sailing Vessel Tarini.
II. It is the first-ever Indian circumnavigation of the globe by an all-women crew.
Which of the statements is/are true?
a) Only (I)
b) Only (II)
c) Both (I) and (II)
d) Neither (I) nor (II)
6. India and Afghanistan on 11 September 2017 exchanged four pacts in different areas. Consider the following statements in relation to the exchanges.
I. Motor Vehicles Agreement for the Regulation of Passenger, Personal and Cargo Vehicular Traffic was exchanged.
II. The Orbit Frequency Coordination Agreement between India and Afghanistan on South Asia Satellite (SAS) was exchanged.
III. The agreements were exchanged during External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s visit to Afghanistan to attend the 2nd meeting of the Strategic Partnership Council between India and Afghanistan.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
7. The 12-day-long Cauvery Maha Pushkaram is being celebrated in this state.
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
8. International Day for South-South Cooperation was observed globally on
a) 10 September
b) 12 September
c) 14 September
d) 16 September
9. This organization has launched a nationwide online platform to bring in transparency in food safety inspection and sampling.
b) Department of Food Safety
c) Food and Drug Administration
d) None of the above
10. Harry Potters Hogwarts letter auctioned off recently was sold for what amount?
a) 7000 pounds
b) 5000 pounds
c) 3000 pounds
d) 1000 pounds
11. Which Indian-American was awarded with 2017 Balzan Prize recently?
a) Tara Prasad Sapkota
b) Bhavani Prasad Panda
c) Faizan Mustafa
d) Bina Agarwal
12. Which of the following countries topped the medal tally at the Moscow Shotgun World Championships?
d) United States of America
13. India won how many medals at the recently concluded Moscow Shotgun World Championships?
14. The commerce ministry of India organised the state start-up conference in which city?
a) New Delhi
15. Which country has sent out ballots for non-binding vote on support for legalizing same-sex marriage?
a) United Kingdom
1.(c) Prakash Padukone
4.(b) Chan Yung-Jan and Martina Hingis
5.(c) Both (I) and (II)
6.(b) Only I and II
7.(c) Tamil Nadu
8.(b) 12 September
10.(a) 7000 pounds
11.(d) Bina Agarwal
14.(a) New Delhi
In a class, the number of boys and the number of girls are in the ratio of 4:5. If 10 more boys join, the ratio ofthe number of boys to […]
What is the theme of 2017 World Tourism Day (WTD)? Options :1. Sustainable tourism – a tool for development2. Tourism opens doors for women3. Tourism: Responding to the Challenge of […]
Current Affairs Quiz: 11 September 2017 1. Name the author of the book, India`s Most Fearless: True Stories of Modern Military Heroes. a) Urmila Gupta and Rahul Singh b) Shiv […]
BSNL has joined hands with this bank to roll out open mobile wallet Speedpay across 10 states in the country – Punjab National Bank • India in September 2017 slapped […]
Which country hosted the 7th ASEM Economic Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM EMM7)? Options :1. South Korea2. Netherlands3. Japan4. China Current Affairs , General Awareness , General Knowledge Today , Current Affairs […]